Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Emma Jo Abel






Our newest arrival is 8 weeks and 3 days old and thus has not yet been acknowledged on this blog. No worries Emma, spring is not more important than you. I've just been waiting for some lovely photos taken by our friend (thanks McKenzi, i owe you!) so that you can be properly introduced. Emma was born on February 12th at 2:40 am at Albany Med. She was 7 lbs 7 oz and 21 1/2 inches long.
She was born only 40 minutes after we had arrived at the hospital. She was birthed on an operating table but thankfully no operation was necessary as the anesthesiologist was slowed in coming by a higher power. What a blessing that she came naturally! The nurses all were saying somebody was looking out for us and indeed He was.


Luckily she is a healthy and happy baby. She is indeed happy... she refuses a binky but I rarely feel like she would need one if she did take one. She eats well and milk is plentiful. We love her smiles and coos which have increased in the last two weeks. Emma's large eyes make her seem alert and as if she is taking everything in. She has a smaller head which makes her seem smaller than her counterparts. Her hair seems to have a tint of red.


I love the name Emma Jo. Last year around this time, I was able to coerce Joe into watching pbs online... and at that time masterpiece theater was out with a new Jane Austen version of Emma. During that time he decided that he like the name Emma.

I love the middle name Jo. Obviously, because Joe's name is Joe and I love him more than any in the world. But also because my mama's nickname as a kid was jo, my sister's middle name is jo and I have a lovely niece Joli otherwise known as jo. I like the way the two name sound together and wanted to call her by both names. But alas, of late she goes by ems.
"Emma loves me" as Eli says. He loves her too. He has adjusted fairly well, especially to my lack of patience due to lack of sleep.






Welcome to our crazy family! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Emma has arrived (on the blog)! Oh, man, seeing these pictures makes me want to see her in REAL LIFE so badly. Argh, I miss you guys. I love talking with Eli on the phone and wish I could see him blowing me kisses.

    Lotsa loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos! miss you four like mad- finn & i are looking forward to skyping soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful. Sierra, I think you got one that looks more like you. We're so looking forward to meeting her in June! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete